Rights and Reproductions
Reproductions of materials from the collections of the Chicago History Museum are provided under license agreement for purposes as indicated in writing by the user and agreed upon by the Museum.
Conditions governing their use are specified on a contractual agreement generated by the Museum that is to be signed both by the user and a representative of the Museum.
- Reproduction Request Guidelines
- Fee Schedule
- Invoice and Payment Information
- Remote Photocopy Requests
All image requests must be in writing and include:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address;
- The negative/accession number for existing negative work; and
- The specific file name/location/visual reference of the original material for new photography.
If the above information is not available, image research is required. Visit www.chsmedia.org for information on available catalogs and finding aids.
Prepayment is required for all orders.
- Turn-around time is generally within 1-2 weeks from receipt of payment, though additional time may be necessary depending upon the nature of the specific order and the availability of the requested images.
- Rush service may be available at the Museum’s discretion for an additional fee.
- Monday, December 24, and Tuesday, December 25, 2012
- Monday, December 31, 2012, and Tuesday, January 1, 2013
In addition, due to reduced staff during the holiday season, please note that turn-around times may be slower than usual from December 17, 2012, through January 2, 2013.
We are pleased to support non-profit organizations with reduced rates. Non-profit fees are applicable only to those organizations able to prove legal not-for-profit status by providing suitable documentation such as tax-exempt certificates or letters of identification.
All requests must be made in person at the Research Center or in writing by email, fax, or letter.
Rights and Reproductions Department
Chicago History Museum
1601 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614
Costs for reproduction of materials from the Museum's collections are the sum of two fees: permission and production fees. The Chicago History Museum reserves the right to require special fees for some forms of commercial uses. The prices listed herein are subject to change.
Copying and image licensing services are available from the Rights and Reproductions Office, located in the Research Center. Fees vary according to the kind of original material copied, the type of copy requested, and the intended use of the copy.
An invoice/estimate detailing the order will be faxed or mailed promptly upon all requests. Payments can be made by check, money order, or bank wire transfer. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express payments are also accepted.
All fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice.
For remote photocopy and architectural document reproduction requests, please download and complete the appropriate form below.
Need Technical Assistance?
> Download Reader® from the Adobe® website.