Object Research Inquiry Form
In-person Object Research Guidelines
- In-person access to the object collections is by appointment only.
- Museum staff must be present throughout the research appointment.
- For the safety of the objects and researcher, only Museum staff are permitted to handle the objects.
- Museum staff reserve the right to limit the number of objects available per research visit, depending on the nature, size, condition and storage location of the material.
- Museum staff reserve the right to limit the time allotted for each appointment.
- Reference photography is permitted for research purposes only. Other requests for photography or use of images must be coordinated through and approved by the Rights and Reproduction Office.
Please complete and submit this form to request information about objects in the Costume and Textile, Decorative and Industrial Arts, Fine Arts, and Architectural Fragments and Models areas of the Chicago History Museum collection.